Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lily and Hope....the Harvest


This photo was taken right in front of the orphanage where Hope and Lily live. It is the field directly across from the orphanage. When I was there in June I looked at that field every day when we arrived and left the orphanage. I always thought about how beautiful wheat fields are.

Just last week I remembered those fields again and something else came to mind. The Harvest. Wheat fields in the Bible represent souls. And I think about those little boys and girls in that orphanage. They are eternal souls. In need of a mom. In need of a dad. In need of proper nutrition. In need of love. In need of education. In need of stimulation. In need of God's love. In need of a Savior. So that when they grow up they have an opportunity to know and accept Jesus as their Savior and be saved.

And by adopting them into Christian families, they will know God's love everyday of their life.

Orphans. The Harvest.

Lily and Hope will know God. They will hear about Jesus. They will be raised along side brothers and sisters who worship, love, and give their all to God. How easy will it be for them to believe when they are in this family.

Jesus said, "The food that keeps me going is that I do the will of the One who sent me, finishing the work he started. As you look around right now, wouldn't you say that in about four months it will be time to harvest? Well, I'm telling you to open your eyes and take a good look at what's right in front of you. These Samaritan fields are ripe. It's harvest time!
John 4:35 (The Message)

1 comment:

the Zimels said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me cry everytime I read about Lily. What a gift.