Thursday, July 12, 2007

sorry so long gone

Sorry I've not blogged lately. I know everyone is hanging on my every word! Daniel has been so busy (Yea!) that I don't have as much time on the computer to play since he works at home now!

We are ALMOST done with our part of the paperwork pregnancy! Our doctor's exams have held us up. We had to have physical exams and I failed the hearing exam in my right ear! It was because the room was loud and the nurse didn't know what she was doing with the machine. So because of that and Daniel having a previous surgery (tonsils taken out when he was a child) we had to get a letter written from the doctor saying he thinks we wil still be able to raise the child with these issues!

So we have gotten birth certificates, marriage license, passports, physical exams, employment verification letter, NON-employment verification letter (for me!), financial statements, application letters, and police reports all done. Our home study is now officially complete. It was lots of fun for us, I am actually sad it's over. We made trips to Stillwater and I always love road trips!

What's next for us: our dossier is now being sent to be certified by the Secretary of State. Then it will be sent to the Chinese Consulate here in the states to be authenticated. Noramally we would have to do ALL THIS which is very tedious and time consuming, and if you don't do it right, you are in trouble. But we hired a dossier assistance program to take this part over and I am very thankful! We are also waiting on our form from the government that says we are cleared to adopt. This is what everyone waits on lastly, and our was just mailed yesterday. Your home study has to be complete before you can apply for this. It is said to take around 3 months, we are hoping not!

So when we get the form back, and our dossier is certified and authenticated, we will be ready to send it to China. We pray it will all be ready by September. From that point, we will begin our WAIT, which is currently around 2 years.

We are excited to can't wait to hold Hope in our arms, no matter how long the wait is! Until our day, I will keep myself busy reading other people's blogs who are adopting, and watching their videos, which are extremely addictive! Beware if you start this, you may find yourself up till all hours of the night!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi. My name is Kim Tomlinson and I am officially addicted to adoption blogs, especially the twin ones! Thanks to you. This is what I indulge in after my own twins go to bed and have even started bookmarking several blogs to follow their story!